Do you have everything you need to file your taxes? This list covers some of the most common documents and information you may need to complete your income tax return.

Tax forms provided by Edward Jones

Form name

Consolidated 1099 Tax Statement


Form 1099-R


Form 1099-Q
Form description

May include Forms 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-OID and 1099-MISC.

Distributions and other retirement account activity, including Roth conversions.

Distributions from 529 savings accounts.

Note: Edward Jones mails or electronically delivers all Forms 1099-R and 1099-Q by Jan. 31 and all Consolidated 1099 Tax Statements by Feb. 15, per IRS requirements. Form 5498 is furnished in May and is not needed to file a tax return.

Tax forms related to employment and other types of income

Form name

Form W-2

Form 1099-G


Form 1099-MISC


Schedule K-1

Form 1099-R


Form SSA-1099 or Form RRB-1099

Form description

Employment income.

Unemployment compensation and state tax refunds.

Miscellaneous income, including rent and royalties.

Partnership, S corporation and trust income.

Pensions, annuities, IRAs and qualified plans.

Social Security benefits or railroad retirement benefits.

Documents reporting homeowner information

Form name

Form 1098

Form 1099-S

Tax receipts
Form description

Mortgage interest.

Sale of your home or other real estate.

Evidence of real estate taxes paid.

Other items of income, expense or deduction

  • Gifts to charity (cash and noncash).

  • Childcare expenses.

  • Personal property tax receipts.

  • Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions and distributions.

  • Medical and dental expenses.

  • Traditional IRA contributions.

  • Deductible retirement plan contributions.

  • Higher education fees: Form 1098-T.

  • Margin interest expense.

  • Investment expense records, including margin interest expense.

  • Alimony received or paid.

Important information:

Not every item will apply to your situation. This checklist is only a guide and is not designed to be an exhaustive list of items that warrant consideration. Edward Jones, its employees and financial advisors cannot provide tax or legal advice. You should consult your attorney or qualified tax advisor regarding your situation.