With Online Access, you have a secure and convenient way to view, print and download your Edward Jones tax forms electronically. Simply sign in, select Documents and go to the Tax Forms section.
You must be signed up for Online Access to use the features described below. If you're not signed up, you can sign up here or contact your Edward Jones team.
- Before printing your tax forms review our guidance on Best Practices for Printing Edward Jones Tax Forms (PDF).
Online Access tax forms section
The Tax Forms section provides a list of your current open accounts and information related to the tax form for each account. The list defaults to display all forms for the most recent tax year, but you can select specific accounts and/or a prior tax year using the drop-down menus.
- Date: Shows the date the form was produced.
- Account: Shows the account "nickname" you selected, or the default (e.g., "Joint-1") as well as the last four digits of the account number.
- Document: Indicates whether a tax form has been or will be produced for the account, and, once a form is produced, shows the type of form and whether it is final, not final or revised.
- Year: Shows the tax year for the form.
- Download: Allows you to view a PDF version of your form for any tax year and to download the information to an Excel® or CSV file format for the current tax reporting year.
Actions within the tax forms screen
View: To view your tax form, click the download icon in the Download column and select the PDF option from the menu. The form will be displayed using the PDF software installed on your computer.
Print: Before printing your tax forms, review our guidance on Best Practices for Printing Edward Jones Tax Forms (PDF). Then follow these steps:
- Save the PDF to your computer in a place that is easy to find (for example, the Desktop).
- Close the PDF that opened when you clicked the PDF link.
- Open the PDF file you saved to your computer and print from that file.
Download: To download your tax form, click the download icon in the Download column and select either the Excel® or CSV option for the desired file format.
- The Excel® and CSV download options are not available for Figures Not Final tax forms. Once your form is finalized, the options will be available in the download menu and will remain available through early October.
- Prior-year tax form information is not available for download to Excel® or CSV.
Displaying tax forms for closed accounts
You can choose to display tax forms for recently closed accounts by following these easy steps:
- Within Online Access, navigate to the Settings page available in the "More" dropdown menu at the top right of the page you are viewing.
- In the “Closed Accounts” section of the Settings page, select the “Change” button. On the next screen, use the toggle buttons to indicate which closed accounts you would like displayed.
- Click “Save” to apply your changes, and navigate back to the Tax Forms screen, available under the Documents tab.
Note: You can only display closed accounts for which you were the owner or custodian, meaning the accounts registered under the same Social Security Number associated with your Online Access user ID. If there is a closed account in your household registered under a different Social Security Number, the owner or custodian of that account must sign in with his or her user ID to access the tax forms.
Securely share your Edward Jones tax forms: Use the Share with Third Party button to share your tax forms securely with a third party, such as your tax professional.
Import to TurboTax®, H&R Block® Tax Software and other tax preparation software: With Online Access, you can import information from certain Edward Jones tax forms into TurboTax®, H&R Block® Tax Software and other tax preparation software programs.
Edward Jones tax form guides: Get some help understanding your tax forms from Edward Jones as well as answers to some common questions.
Edward Jones, its employees and financial advisors cannot provide tax or legal advice. You should consult your attorney or qualified tax advisor regarding your situation. This content should not be depended upon for other than broadly informational purposes. Specific questions should be referred to a qualified tax professional.