What if I've been scammed
- File a police report
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or call 877-382-4357.
- File a complaint regarding Internet-related fraud with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
- Report scams to your state Attorney General. For a current list, visit the National Association of Attorneys General.
- Contact the Social Security Administration’s Fraud Hotline at 800-269-0271 if a Social Security number has been used fraudulently.
- Other helpful resources:
- Identify Theft.gov
- Identity Theft Resource Center
- National Consumers League
- Federal Bureau of Investigation – Be Crime Smart
- FINRA Securities Helpline for Seniors (844-574-3577)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Investor Alerts and Bulletins
- AnnualCreditReport.com (877-322-8228)
- U.S. Postal Inspection Service
Contact your local financial advisor
Contact your local financial advisor for further guidance.