Tools for busy tax professionals
Edward Jones provides a variety of complimentary tools to support tax professionals’ efforts during the busy season.
Consolidated 1099 Tax Statement and supplemental information
A popular, time-saving component of Edward Jones’ tax support, our Consolidated 1099 Tax Statement includes a summary of income payments received, fees and other account activities, cost basis data for both covered and noncovered sold securities (if available in our system), and additional tax information, such as potential state tax exclusions from federal obligations. Information is provided in one convenient document for easy referral.
Electronic access to tax forms
Clients with Edward Jones Online Account Access can conveniently and securely share their Edward Jones tax forms with their tax professionals in a few easy steps.
Clients may grant their tax professionals access to download their current tax forms in Microsoft Excel®, CSV and PDF formats; forms for previous years are available as PDF files. Clients also have the option of importing their tax data into Tax Form Dropoff.
Edward Jones associates are available (800-282-0829) during business hours if you have questions regarding clients’ Edward Jones tax forms.
Complimentary tax guides
Every year, Edward Jones distributes complimentary tax guides, published by Wolters Kluwer and conveniently offered in both digital and hard copy formats, designed to help tax professionals understand, apply and comply with today's complex federal tax laws. Some of the most popular complimentary tax guides offered by Edward Jones include:
- U.S. Master Tax Guide® – This guide contains timely, precise and meticulously researched explanations of federal tax laws, as well as new rules established by key court decisions and the IRS, and provides fast and reliable answers to tax questions affecting individual and business income tax returns.
- U.S. Master™ Estate and Gift Tax Guide – This guide provides clear explanations of the laws relating to federal estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes for both tax advisors and estate representatives involved in federal estate and gift tax planning, return preparation and tax payment.
- U.S. Master™ Depreciation Guide – A handy desktop reference containing explanations and quick-glance charts detailing common sales and use tax issues for all states and the District of Columbia.
- Guidebooks to state taxes
– Edward Jones now provides complimentary copies of the Wolters Kluwer State Tax Handbook, an all-in-one guide providing summaries of tax law topics organized by tax type and state, as well as state-specific tax guides for professionals who practice in California, Florida, New Jersey and New York. These publications provide quick reference to taxes levied by the applicable states, including personal and corporate income, inheritance and gift, sales and use, and property taxes.
Advanced tax planning and support chart
This complimentary chart, published by Wolters Kluwer, provides current regulatory data, including: income tax brackets, capital gains and qualified dividends, education incentive limits and MAGI phaseouts, AMT rates for individuals and estate, gift and GST taxes. All of this is available in a convenient, at-a-glance format.
Retirement tax planning and support reference card
This complimentary chart, published by Wolters Kluwer, provides current regulatory data regarding retirement planning and support, including: qualified retirement plans, uniform life table, IRA contribution limits, and deductibility rules.
Social Security planning and support chart
This complimentary chart, published by Wolters Kluwer, provides current social security rates and benefits based on retirement age and lists earned income reductions & benefit structured payments.
Historical pricing of securities
Tax practitioners can contact Edward Jones to obtain the cost basis information they need to calculate gains or losses for firm-held securities, value estates and gifts, and evaluate investment performance.
Additional resources and services
To learn more about these resources and how we can help you help your clients work toward their financial goals, contact your local Edward Jones financial advisor today.