Experience and Background
• Worked in the insurance industry as a financial regulator for 15 years.
• Worked for the regulators in the insurance departments of 16 different states reviewing all matters of policy holder and financial laws guiding the insurance industry. Spent five additional years in the accounting profession.
• Initially began as a financial advisor in 1991.
• Certified Financial Examiner (CFE), offered through SOFE
• Accredited Insurance Examiner (AIE), offered through IRES
• Fellow of Life Management Institute (FLMI) offered through LOMA
• Associate, Insurance Regulatory Compliance (AIRC) offered through LOMA
• Kennesaw State University, BBA in accounting, 1991
• Attended the University of Georgia in 1986
• Attended Cobb County schools graduating from North Cobb High School
• Member, Greater Cherokee Kiwanis Club
• Member, Bridgemill Cherokee Biz Builders BNI
• Loyal Order of Moose Lodge
• Leads local Investor's Coffee Club at The Lodge at Bridgemill
• Former member, Society of Financial Examiners (SOFE)
• Former member, Insurance Regulatory Examiners Society (IRES)
AAMS® Designation - The College for Financial Planning awards the AAMS® designation to individuals who successfully complete a 12-module professional education program, pass a final examination, commit to its code of ethics and agree to pursue continuing education.
The Simon family is originally from Wisconsin, where my education began. We moved to Georgia in 1974 and also lived in New England in the 1980s. My four siblings live in Florida, Georgia and Minnesota. I have a niece and nephew who are young adults now.