Why am I a financial advisor?
My mission in life is to improve the happiness and well-being of those around me. I began my practice at Edward Jones in 2010 in order to help others achieve their financial goals.
What I wish for my clients to feel:
- They are listened to and understood. That they can speak openly about what is important to them.
- Their values are reflected in goals which we create and review together.
- They are in control and know if they are on track.
How do I do this?
- A discovery conversation to get to know each other.
- An established process to create personalized strategies.
- Technology that allows you to visualize and track your financial progress.
- Transparency of fees – You will receive a summary of costs report regularly as part of our established process.
Who I am:
I am a PA native who has been residing in the DC area for over 25 years. I’m a Virginia Tech Hokie and I always look forward to attending a football game each year. My parents are local, and I enjoy visiting with them and golfing with my dad. In my free time, I play guitar and perform locally. I am passionate about mountain biking and weightlifting. The most important things in life to me are investing in relationships, personal development and creating a better future.
Allie is your dedicated Branch Office Administrator and joined our team in summer of 2022. She ensures that our time together is meaningful by helping you to prepare for our conversations and by completing the important follow-up work to help you make progress towards your goals. In her free time, Allie enjoys reading, knitting and exploring new places.
Designations and Accolades:
In 2017, I attained the CFP® certification.
In 2022, I was named to the Next-Gen Best-in-State Wealth Advisors 2022 by Forbes and SHOOK Research (Source: Forbes.com, 8/3/2022; SHOOK Research data as of 3/31/2022).
- Retirement Income Strategies
- Estate & Legacy Strategies
- Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
- Retirement Savings Strategies
- Special Needs Financial Considerations
Phone NumberMatthew E Edgar at (703) 218-3900
More to explore
Find your financial starting point
Planning your financial future? Our Starting Point tool can help you take the first steps.Learn More
What are your priorities?
Need help determining what your financial priorities are? The "My Priorities" quiz can help. It's an important step in building a comprehensive financial strategy.Take the My Priorities quiz
Weekly market wrap
A summary of last week's market highlights and economic news.Learn More