As a financial advisor for one of the nation's oldest and largest investment firms, I specialize in helping individual investors and businesses build personalized strategies to achieve their financial goals. Using a wide array of services and investments, I can help you establish a regular flow of income, reduce your income taxes, save for a child's education, prepare for retirement or plan for your legacy.
A native of Conway, SC, I graduated from Conway High School and Clemson University where I earned my BS and MS degrees. I began my career with Edward Jones in 2000. Prior to joining Edward Jones, I served as an engineering and financial consultant with Arcadis Corporation in Greenville, SC.
I earned my Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) designation* in 2003. In addition, I earned multiple accreditations from the College of Financial Planning including the Accredited Asset Management Specialist™ (AAMS®)** and the Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor™ designations. I am able to use my advance training and professional expertise to simplify the financial planning process.
* The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. awards CFP® certification to individuals who meet the board’s requirements for professionalism in financial services. To gain certification, a financial advisor must pass the CFP® Certification Examination and the CFP Board’s Fitness Standards for Candidates and Registrants, agree to abide by the CFP Board’s Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility and comply with the Financial Planning Practice Standards.
** The College for Financial Planning awards the AAMS® designation to individuals who successfully complete a 12-module professional education program, pass a final examination, commit to its code of ethics and agree to pursue continuing education.
- Retirement Income Strategies
- Retirement Savings Strategies
- Business Retirement Plans
- College Savings
- Estate & Legacy Strategies
- Wealth Strategies
Office Address702 B Main Street
Conway, SC 29526 opens in a new window
Phone NumberJimm Thompkins at (843) 248-0004
More to explore
Find your financial starting point
Planning your financial future? Our Starting Point tool can help you take the first steps.Learn More
What are your priorities?
Need help determining what your financial priorities are? The "My Priorities" quiz can help. It's an important step in building a comprehensive financial strategy.Take the My Priorities quiz
Weekly market wrap
A summary of last week's market highlights and economic news.Learn More