"I love to help people make decisions that will set their dreams in motion." I became a financial advisor to use my life experience and desire to educate you, my next client.
Many years ago, when I acquired my BA in economics from Long Beach State, I listened to the feedback from an inquiry with a financial services company. They suggested that I "live a little" in order to better assist people with their life savings. So, I did!
My passions include my career and family. I've spent over 25 years in education teaching high school economics, speech, English and yearbook in both public and private schools in San Diego County. I married Scott (a math teacher and basketball coach) and together, we've raised three great people: Chase, a mechanical engineer with a BS from UC San Diego and a MS from Clemson University; Mackenzie, who loves kids and is currently pursuing an early childhood education certificate from Palomar CC; and Whitney, a freshman starting at Mira Costa with plans to become a nurse. While parenting is a lifetime endeavor and therefore am not yet finished, I am proud of them all for being good people with interests in solving problems and helping others.
My "living a little" has taught me the following:
- Losing a sister and both parents to cancer has made me keenly aware of how important it is to prepare for the unexpected AND the inevitable.
- College expenses definitely increase and are here before we know it.
- Planning for options in retirement is an important piece of your financial health.
- By giving our time, talent and/or contributing to causes greater than ourselves, we can keep our own troubles in perspective. I've enjoyed walking in the Komen Breast Cancer 3-day, volunteering at the Nazareth Orphanage in Tijuana and donating to local food banks.
As your financial advisor, I will listen to you, understand your goals and dreams, help create financial strategies and partner with you to help you achieve them. Now, how can I be of service?
My Personal Interests
- Landscape Design
- Spending Time with Family
More to explore
Find your financial starting point
Planning your financial future? Our Starting Point tool can help you take the first steps.Learn More
Weekly market wrap
A summary of last week's market highlights and economic news.Learn More
Tax resources and client statements
Make informed investment and tax decisions with helpful and clear information.Learn More