I work to help successful families and individual investors overwhelmed with investment options live financial lives on their terms using strategies tailored to your situation.
I have been with Edward Jones since 2013, earned a BS from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and hold the Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) designation*. My father, a fellow financial advisor approaching his 38th year, instilled in me the discipline of being a consistent saver and investor as far back as I can remember.
I live in downtown Washington where I enjoy spending time with my two siblings, parents and as much as possible, boating on the Pamlico river. Riding horses at an early age taught me the importance of being dedicated, focused and a good communicator. I still ride horses today and thankfully, have figured out how to spend more time in the saddle than on the ground.
* The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. awards CFP® certification to individuals who meet the board’s requirements for professionalism in financial services. To gain certification, a financial advisor must pass the CFP® Certification Examination and the CFP Board’s Fitness Standards for Candidates and Registrants, agree to abide by the CFP Board’s Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility and comply with the Financial Planning Practice Standards.
- Retirement Income Strategies
- Intergenerational Planning
- Estate & Legacy Strategies
- Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
- Wealth Strategies
- Special Needs Financial Considerations
My Personal Interests
- Horseback Riding
- Spending Time with Family
Office Address1296 John Small Ave
Washington, NC 27889
Phone NumberJordan L Cantrell at (252) 940-1803
More to explore
Find your financial starting point
Planning your financial future? Our Starting Point tool can help you take the first steps.Learn More
What are your priorities?
Need help determining what your financial priorities are? The "My Priorities" quiz can help. It's an important step in building a comprehensive financial strategy.Take the My Priorities quiz
Weekly market wrap
A summary of last week's market highlights and economic news.Learn More