We are an experienced team focused on helping our clients achieve success as they define it. For nearly 15 years, we've partnered with people nearing or in retirement to coordinate the short and long-term pieces of their financial picture. Our clients are highly successful people with busy lives and a multitude of needs. They engage us to help them organize, simplify and optimize their financial strategy. They stay with us because of the relationship and results we achieve together.
I joined Edward Jones in 2006 and later opened the first branch office in Old Town Alexandria, where we remain today. I hold both the CFP® and AAMS® professional designations. I earned a business degree from Franciscan University and later a master’s degree in personal financial planning from the College for Financial Planning. Our team is complete with two wonderful people, Carrie Lobello and Lisa Galloway. They oversee the daily client experience with professionalism and hospitality.
Our Core Values:
1. Hospitality - We live this spirit on a daily basis.
2. Enduring Partnership - We believe this is the foundation of success. We only selectively take on new clients to protect our time to serve our current ones.
3. Intentional - We focus all of our efforts to better understand and help our clients. We seek to improve every day.
4. Simplicity - While life may be complex, we believe a well-thought out strategy should be easily understood.
5. Transformation - We recognize the only constant in life is change. We want to be an impactful part of that change so that our clients can live better.
If you feel we might be a good fit for you, please contact us to schedule an initial 15-minute call.
Outside of the office, I am married to my wife, Maureen, for 12 years and counting. We have two children, Nora and David. We live in the Del Ray community of Alexandria and love the wonderful restaurants, parks and trails nearby.
- Wealth Strategies
- Estate & Legacy Strategies
- Charitable Giving
- Employee Stock Options
My Personal Interests
- Coaching Sports
Office Address728 Jefferson
Alexandria, VA 22314 opens in a new window
Phone NumberDavid Tovey at (703) 548-1198
|Mon||09:00AM - 05:00PM|
|Tue||09:00AM - 05:00PM|
|Wed||09:00AM - 05:00PM|
|Thu||09:00AM - 05:00PM|
|Fri||09:00AM - 04:00PM|
More to explore
Find your financial starting point
Planning your financial future? Our Starting Point tool can help you take the first steps.Learn More
What are your priorities?
Need help determining what your financial priorities are? The "My Priorities" quiz can help. It's an important step in building a comprehensive financial strategy.Take the My Priorities quiz
Weekly market wrap
A summary of last week's market highlights and economic news.Learn More