Determining who will handle your financial affairs when you are no longer able to do so is an important decision. Today, people use trust services not only to manage the family legacy but also to help handle everyday financial needs.
Edward Jones Trust Company provides three different levels of service based on your current and future needs:
- Managing Agent – We can simply provide you investment and administrative services for a trust, a personal account or an Individual Retirement Account.
- Trustee or Co-trustee – We can act as trustee or work alongside an individual you designate to execute the terms of a trust.
- Successor Trustee – We can serve as trustee should a trustee resign or become unable to make decisions regarding a trust.
Not sure which level is right for you? Your local Edward Jones financial advisor can help.
No matter which level you choose, selecting Edward Jones Trust Company gives you access to a team of professionals dedicated to servicing your trust account. The Edward Jones Trust Company works in partnership with local professionals and your financial advisor, who serve as the local contact and face of the Trust Company. This team, along with the Trust Company, can provide the following services.
Customized asset management
- Consistent investment philosophy between your financial advisor and the Edward Jones Trust Company
- Trust portfolio recommendations based on knowledge and consideration of your total portfolio, risk tolerance and investment history
- Regular communication with your financial advisor and portfolio manager to discuss recommendations
Bill payment & record keeping
- Household bills (gas, electric, phone, real estate taxes)
- Personal bills (groceries, pet care, beautician)
- Nursing home bills (including long-term care insurance filing)
- Medical bills (including supplemental insurance claim filing)
- Easy-to-read statements summarizing receipts, disbursements and the value of assets within your trust
Financial management during incapacity
Know that your financial assets will be managed by a dedicated team of professionals for you and your family if you are unable.
How we can help
It's never too early to start planning for the future and security of loved ones. The following resources address considerations related to planning your estate and provide more information about the services of Edward Jones Trust Co.