- IRAs & Retirement Savings
- Education Savings
- Edward Jones Advisory Solutions
- Which Approach to Investing Is Right for You
- Our Investment Selection Process
- Finding the Right Portfolio Objective
- Program Models
- Tax-efficient Investment Management
- Dynamic Threshold Rebalancing
- Program Fee
- Disciplined Investment Approach
- Featured Articles
- Quarterly Update
- About Advisory Solutions Video
- Estate Considerations
- Saving Solutions
- Spending Solutions
- Borrowing Solutions
Once your investment objective has been determined, you can achieve the corresponding asset allocation through a Research Model or work with your financial advisor to design a Custom Model. These models comprise mutual funds, ETFs and SMAs that must pass our Research department’s continual, rigorous analysis and review process.
- Fund selection – Mutual funds and ETFs for each Fund Model are carefully selected from the Advisory Solutions Program List. Each fund plays a unique role in the portfolio and has been selected to broaden diversification and provide more exposure to different investment styles.
- Ongoing management – These models are managed on a discretionary basis. This means our team of investment professionals can make changes to the mutual funds and ETFs within the models as necessary to ensure the most appropriate funds are included in the appropriate blend.
In addition to careful fund selection and ongoing management, our UMA Models include SMAs for a portion of the portfolio and offer overlay management across your entire Advisory Solutions model. SMAs are professionally managed individual securities. The addition of SMAs provides the opportunity to exclude certain securities or sectors of the economy based on your investment needs or social or ethical concerns. SMAs combined with overlay management provide a sophisticated approach to investing, with an additional goal of increased tax-efficient management for taxable accounts.
Some clients’ unique needs make a Custom Model an appropriate choice. You can work with your financial advisor to select and maintain a custom mix of mutual funds, ETFs and SMAs from the Program List to represent each asset class in your model.
If you think Advisory Solutions might make sense for you, contact your local Edward Jones financial advisor to discuss your situation.
Edward Jones is a dually registered broker-dealer and investment adviser. Edward Jones Advisory Solutions® is an asset allocation program that provides investment advisory services. Depending on a client’s minimum investment, a client can select Fund Models, which invest in affiliated mutual funds (if available), unaffiliated mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs), or UMA Models, which also include separately managed allocations (SMAs). Please review the applicable Edward Jones Advisory Solutions Brochure for more information.
Many of the investments in Advisory Solutions, including money market funds, are offered by prospectus. You should consider the investment objective, risks, and charges and expenses carefully before investing. The prospectus contains this and other information. Your Edward Jones financial advisor can provide a prospectus, which you should read carefully before investing.
An investment in a money market fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) or any other government agency. Although a money market fund seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in a money market fund.
Diversification does not guarantee a profit or protect against loss. Edward Jones, its employees and financial advisors cannot provide tax or legal advice. Please consult your attorney or qualified tax advisor regarding your situation.
Asset allocation and rebalancing do not guarantee investment returns and do not eliminate the risk of loss.