The Return of Market Volatility
February 21, 2014. Everyone wants to know what will trigger the next market pullback. But keep in mind that stock market declines are almost always unexpected.
In this brief Edward Jones Perspective video, Investment Strategist Kate Warne discusses three key points to remember when you see stock prices fall:
- Market declines are normal, frequent and not a reason to sell quality investments.
- Market declines can provide an opportunity to buy quality investments at a lower price.
- Market declines are out of your control – so focus on what you can control.
Market pullbacks are inevitable – yet unpredictable. To put market volatility in perspective, this video also highlights:
- A historical look at market ups and downs
- How to put Dow Jones Industrial Average points into context
- Any possible triggers to volatility
- Actions you can take to prepare
Remember: When the market declines, stay calm, collected and invested – and consider your long-term financial goals.
For more information or to open an account, set up a face-to-face meeting with the Edward Jones financial advisor in your community.
Sharing of this content is a complimentary feature intended for use by clients and website visitors to communicate with their friends. It is not intended for use by Edward Jones associates for business communication purposes.