Setting Up Your Money Transfer Service
If you already do your banking online, you should be able to set up transfers easily. It could be as simple as designating Edward Jones as the "bill pay recipient" and indicating the amount you would like transferred and to what account. It works exactly the same way as when you pay your other bills.
Here's how to set up a money transfer:
- Access your bank's bill payment page
- Choose Edward Jones as the recipient of funds
- Enter the 10 digit Edward Jones account number (Only Cash, Margin, RSP Spousal, RSP, and Off Book Group RRSP accounts will be accepted)
- Enter the amount and approve
- Funds will be debited and credited to your Edward Jones account within 48 hours
If you aren't already banking online, you'll have to set up an online bank account with your financial institution and see if Edward Jones currently has a relationship there.
The following institutions in Canada allow online transfers to Edward Jones:
- Alberta Treasury
- Bank of Montreal
- Caisse Populaire
- CUBC (Credit Union BC)
- National Bank of Canada
- President's Choice Financial
- Royal Bank
- Scotia Bank
- TD Canada Trust
If you do not see your bank financial institution on the list or have additional questions about setting up a money transfer, your local financial advisor* can help.