Tax Season Calendar

For 2017, April 18 is the big deadline during tax season, but there are several others you should be aware of. This tax calendar can help you be aware of approaching deadlines. It’s just one more way we’re helping you stay on track with your finances.

Important dates

Tax season event
Dec. 30, 2016
Last trade date to recognize a gain or loss

Last day to convert/transfer a traditional or Roth IRA

Last day to take a required minimum distribution (RMD) from a retirement account

Last day to make a gift to an individual or charitable donation
Jan. 17, 2017
Fourth-quarter estimated tax payment due
Jan. 31, 2017
IRS Form 1099-R (retirement account distributions) mailed to clients
Feb. 15, 2017
Consolidated 1099 Tax Statement (which may include IRS Forms 1099, INT, DIV, OID, B, MISC and Supplemental Information) mailed or e-delivered to clients
March 1, 2017
Federal tax-filing deadline for farmers/fishermen
March 15, 2017
Federal tax-filing and payment deadline for S and C corporations
April 18, 2017

First quarter estimated tax payment due

Last day to make a 2015 contribution to a traditional or Roth IRA

Federal income tax return filing and payment deadline:

  • Individuals
  • Partnerships
  • Sole Proprietorships
May 31, 2017
IRS Form 5498 mailed to clients
June 15, 2017 Second-quarter estimated tax payment due
Sept. 15, 2017 Third-quarter estimated tax payment due
Oct. 16, 2017 Federal tax filing deadline for individuals who filed an extension

More questions?

For tax questions, consult your tax professional. For investment-related questions, please contact your local financial advisor.

Important Information

Edward Jones, its employees and financial advisors cannot provide tax or legal advice. You should consult your attorney or qualified tax advisor regarding your situation.

Find a Financial Advisor

Find a Financial Advisor

Select a State and then enter a last name